Sometimes it's the smallest seeds which grow into the tallest trees.
Live at the Retro
Live at the Retro, a mid-century modern, 1960s apartment community recently renovated by BrokenFork Design. Conveniently located around the corner from Starbucks, Walgreens, Kroger and Gardenside Shopping center, it's only a few minutes to downtown, Keeneland and the airport. This established area is great for students, professionals, and more, yet the traffic is easy. Bike to campus via Beacon Hill to Waller, walk to Wolf Run Park or horse farms on Parkers Mill.
Many of the original elements are intact, including cabinetry, recessed lights, tile and chrome vanities. While each unit is uniquely different, care was taken to preserve the simple, clean style of the era and bright colors, while incorporating all of the modern conveniences.Features include:
- large, bright windows with blinds installed
- plenty of closet space
- new lighting
- brand-new, high-efficiency central heat and air
- custom stamped concrete floors in most units - carpet in a few
- hand-painted wall reliefs by artist Jessica Kemmer
- ample parking
- on-site laundry room and storage facilities
- secured, electronic building access
- extensive hall and exterior lighting
- interior mailboxes
- common-area lounge areas